Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Life with chronic pain

I was very intrigued to read this article on a man's advice on living with a wife in chronic pain. I admit I might be guilty of some of the first ten myself. My husband does pick up on when I am overdoing things and cues me to take it easier.

I also know sometimes when I want to do things and feel like I should do them but just don't have it in me. I try to work around it. I'll lie down for a while and then try later on. Or I'll put it off until the next day. Sometimes I ask my husband to do things for me - like making dinner - because the idea of standing in the kitchen for ten minutes just isn't a good idea.

If you read his list, you will get a better idea of what  life with chronic pain is like. And its all relative. His wife had a C-section without anesthesia (eek!) and that's her high pain point. My high pain point was probably when I tried to stand on my blown out knee on the side of a ski slope. Or when I had my drain pulled out. Or... I don't know. Those were all very painful moments and there are others.

For me when my back hurts so much I can't stand up, I call it a 7. Right now, sitting in bed after a good night's sleep it might be a 4. But I'm not telling my husband so we can play mini golf and go for a walk. I'll sit in the car and let him drive as we go off to have fun. But I'll also take my bottle of pain meds with me just in case it gets a little farther up the pain scale.

.

3 comments:

leona knight said...


Am leona knight
Thanks to God and also to dr akhigbe , the great herbal man that cured me of HERPES. I contacted the virus from my partner 4 year ago, i almost spent all i had because i was restless , until i saw peoples testimony about Dr akhigbe recommendation online for how he has being curing HERPES with his herbs herbal medicine , and i emailed him and tell him my problem and he prepare my cure and send it to me through UPS and gave me instructions on how to use the herbs herbal medicine, i followed as i was instructed for 2weeks and behold after i finish drinking it i notice something in me, i went to the hospital for checkup and the result was negative and the virus was completely gone from my body. You can contact Dr akhihgb to get your herbs too and cure yourself from these virus. You can email him on DRREALAHKIGBE@GMAIL.COM or you call him and whatsapp him on +2348142454860. . Dr akhibge cure so many different type of diseases with his herbal herbs such as HERPES, HIV/AIDS. CANCER of all kind, DIABETES and so many more. I want to thank God for using Dr akhibge to cure me. He is real.

Adriana Smith said...

Thanks for sharing such an amazing blog. Take off chronic pain with the help of Stem Cell Therapy in NYC and live a healthy pain-free life.

Anna Fletcher said...

Thanks for sharing such an amazing article with us. Get relief from all body pain and injuries with the help of effective stem Cell Therapy in NYC and live a healthy life again.nna

I Started a New Blog

I started this blog when I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2007. Blogging really helped me cope with my cancer and its treatment. Howe...