Patients have a slightly different perspective. If there is a snowflake or a rain drop they may change their schedules. Usually it does not make a difference. No big deal, an appointment is rescheduled for a slightly later date. The only time this is a problem is when the next available appointment is 90 days or more out. Or when you are in the middle of a series of treatments at scheduled intervals. Like me.
I have had two out of three in a series of Synvisc injections on my left knee. The last one is scheduled for 3pm tomorrow. No big deal? We are expecting another storm tomorrow. This is what they are telling us will happen between 7am and 3pm.
It will start as snow, switch to rain and then back to snow. I live right behind the 5 in the 5.1" prediction for Boston.
So Friday morning I will get up and deal with freezing temperatures and solid glaciers in the front yard to go drive to another (damn) appointment.
It really isn't that much snow. It is the problem of six plus inches of snow with an inch of rain on top, and then snow again. And we live on a hill. A short but very steep hill.
I don't mind driving in the snow and ice. I am concerned about other people and their driving. I really do not want to cancel/postpone either of those. But I may be whiney about it.