But please brace yourself and do not get sucked into the pinkification which will be rampant all month long. Please do not purchase anything or donate to anything that claims to support breast cancer unless you know the following:
- The organization to which the money is going - are they a real organization that really will use the funds to provide what they said they will.
- That the total amount of the money you think you are giving to a organization is really going to them. You need to check the fine print on the label to learn this.
- Is it $1, $5, or $10 or what amount going to them. Just because you spent $30 on something, what portion of that is going to support a cause. Its probably not the full amount.
- Is there a maximum amount for the program? An example of this is that big companies will say '$1 from the price of this lipstick will be donated to XYZ organization, up to a total donation of $25,000 for the year'. Read the fine print again.
- Don't purchase anything you really do not want or need. All this pinkification is designed to help sell more products. Its just a big marketing ploy.
If you really want to support breast cancer, find a worthy cause - American Cancer Society, BreastCancer.org, or a local organization you know well. And send them a nice check. You can even put it into a nice pink envelope if you want.