Wednesday, November 24, 2010

My cat ate my homework.


I forgot to read my damn free book for my expensive exercise class. Perhaps I will plead chemo brain. Or maybe I will try to read it this morning. It is going to be a busy morning. A plumber and tiler are coming over at 830 to look at the work we need done for our minor kitchen/bath rehab that we will do in January. We need to make the house look civilized so they don't think we are total slobs between now and then. It doesn't help that we are watching TV in our pajamas.

I did not sleep well last night either. I fell asleep on the couch and woke up at 1 when I went up to bed. (My husband claims he tried to wake me up.) Then I woke up again at 4 and couldn't get back to sleep so I gave up and got up. I made three of my four pies already. I'll make the last one later as well as the sweet potatoes.

I was talking to a friend last night and thinking about what I have to be thankful for - husband, friends, family, what is left of my health, that I live in a safe part of the world with access to clean water and healthy food. I guess that's about it. I mean I could come up with some schmaltzy sayings or make a giant list but that about sums it up.

No comments:

I Started a New Blog

I started this blog when I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2007. Blogging really helped me cope with my cancer and its treatment. Howe...