Sunday, December 4, 2011

Tempus fugit

Or time flies. (I had to look up the Latin part to make sure I got it right.) Some how we are approaching the end of 2012 and I have no idea how we got here. I remember partying like it was 1999 in the 1980s. I remember buying my first new-new car (as opposed to new-to-me) in 1989. When we were children half an hour until dinner was an eternity (but half an hour until bedtime was far too short).

All I know now is that I never seem to have enough time to do all the things that I want. Time goes much faster now. I have decided that is a fact. It has sped up. Something has happened along with global warming that has made temperatures go up and time go faster.

This week I am looking at my calendar trying to figure out how I am going to get everything done that I want to and I am not sure how it is going to happen unless I give up eating and sleeping or something.

And I don't even have a single doctor appointment and my schedule is still full. How I even have a week without doctor appointments is beyond me anyway. Last week I had four doctors and one x-ray. This week I have none. Next week I have one doctor and one back procedure. The week after I have one doctor and one back procedure. Then maybe another week off for the holidays.

But I digress. Time is going too fast. Some physicist must have figured out how to alter time and made it move faster. I am sure you agree.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I think time is like a roll of toilet paper. The closer to the end you, the faster it goes.

Anonymous said...

Time really flies. I thought we were approaching the end of 2011, not 2012... :-)

I Started a New Blog

I started this blog when I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2007. Blogging really helped me cope with my cancer and its treatment. Howe...