Thursday, December 4, 2014

Be Part of the Patient's Voice

The FDA has actually started listening to the voices of patients. Yes they have actually attempted to reach the 20th Century (not quite ready for prime time or the 21st C but we can call it progress).

I was pleasantly surprised to read this article on how the FDA has actually reconsidered decisions to pull drugs off the market as a result of patients and caregivers lending their voices. So you can do it too. Don't be afraid to write to a pharma company and the FDA if you disagree with a decision. The one note of caution is that often drugs are pulled due to side effects. So you may benefit from the treatment but beware the potentially nasty side effects.

Me, I think hyou can tell I never fail to speak my mind!


In addition, the article contained this incredibly helpful schematic FDA's approval process.



No comments:

I Started a New Blog

I started this blog when I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2007. Blogging really helped me cope with my cancer and its treatment. Howe...