Sunday, January 8, 2012

Fixated on our health

As a country we are fixated on our health. The media, when it is not focused on that political process that is very annoying right now, is obsessed with healthy fixes for the new year, New Year's resolutions, eating right, exercising, losing weight, dieting, blah, blah, blah. I figure, if I can't beat 'em, join 'em - but I'll skip the political crap (and crap it is) and stick with the healthy stuff.

Somewhere I read recently that the key to losing weight is 70% exercise and 30% food intake. Or is it the other way around - but since I can't find the link I am not sure. So I'll just plan on doing both.

Since the media seems that we can't read articles any more and need slide shows and lists to learn anything.We can read about controlling portion size or skipping fat free foods and the need to pump iron in slide show format. What happened to reading paragraphs? Is it because memory and mental function have started to slip by age 45? Or is it because we are a bunch of dumb Americans who are not educated as much as other countries?

We obsess about obesity prevalence, laziness, going to the gym, lack of exercise, blah, blah, blah. What happened to common sense? Eat good foods, get up off our sofas and move around, stop getting in the car to go everywhere and walk a little bit, take the stairs not the elevator. Skip the fast food and eat a salad. Take time to stop and smell the roses. Then ignore the political crap and have a nice day.

No comments:

I Started a New Blog

I started this blog when I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2007. Blogging really helped me cope with my cancer and its treatment. Howe...