Sunday, February 3, 2013

Happy RA Awareness day, a day late

Yesterday was RA Awareness Day, the first one, so we went out to dinner with my parents because my mother wanted to celebrate. She has had RA for over 20 years. We didn't know if we were supposed to wear a special color or not.

It was also Ground Hog Day and Punxatawney Phil did not see his shadow. This lead to some discussion. Does it mean that winter is over as we know it for the year? Or does it mean it will fade away? Or do we really care because he is not accurate anyway?

RA Awareness Day did make me aware that I need to learn more about my new ailments. There is a lot I don't understand. I was attempting to reading this announcement on an important new development in the diagnosis of RA and it reinforced the thought I really do not know that much about it. Its about antibodies in carbamylated proteins (which makes me think of caramelized onions) if you really need to know.

My goal now, or another one of my goals, is to learn more about my new ailments before the next Rheumatoid Awareness Day. I have a year. There is hope.

No comments:

I Started a New Blog

I started this blog when I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2007. Blogging really helped me cope with my cancer and its treatment. Howe...