Thursday, September 5, 2013

Not a profound thought in my head

Some days I actually write a profound blog post that is coherent and other people read and share. Today is not one of those days. My brain is full and I haven't even left for work yet and here is why:

Weather: Tonight's low is going to be down around 50 - this means I need to start bringing in some plants from outside - particularly my Ponderosa lemon and my Key lime plant. They are just starting to produce fruit and I want to be able to enjoy them. But they are tropical plants and aren't supposed to be out in temperatures anywhere in the 50s. There are even some frost/freeze warnings near by.

Its New England and the summer was unplugged last weekend - it was Labor Day. Time to think about snow shoveling, raking leaves, and (brace yourself) winter. Never mind that summer doesn't really start around here until mid-June.

Flabbiness: While I didn't gain or lose weight on vacation, I came back with a vow to stop snacking at work (where there are always snacks). That lasted about two hours. I have to reinforce my will power or I will never lose weight.

Birthdays: What the hell to buy for my husband for his birthday next week? I have some ideas but he is difficult to buy for to say the least. And what to do to celebrate his birthday. Damn. I'll have to figure this one out.

Work: I'm buried. I was out for two weeks and my in box filled up as my brain emptied out while I was away. And I am getting no sympathy because I am taking another week off at the end of the month.

Crafting: My knitting is burying the house. I need to start finding places to sell it all. But first I need to finish projects, block them, and label them all. Crap.

And I have four more weeks until another doctor appointment.... (insert tiny cheer here)

See nothing profound here today. I'll try to be more profound by tomorrow but don't hold your breath.

1 comment:

Meg said...

I think I love your non-profound posts very much. My hobby of making jew10elry leads to the same plethora of stuff! Happy blocking and selling. I live in Miami so can't but your knits.
Meg

I Started a New Blog

I started this blog when I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2007. Blogging really helped me cope with my cancer and its treatment. Howe...