- They don't care for letting drama into their life.
I don't need your drama. I have enough of my own.
- They don't care for sweating the small stuff.
Small stuff doesn't count when you are coping with cancer.
- They don't care for statistics.
They are just numbers. I am a person, not a number.
- They don't care for passing up opportunities.
I am happy to leap for the opportunity to travel, try something new
- They don't care for other people's expectations.
Why should what you think matter? I don't really care.
- They don't care for high maintenance relationships.
See drama above.
- They don't care for jeopardizing their health with bad habits.
I think after cancer we all take a look at our habits and do our best to improve them so we can help keep cancer away.
- They don't care for rejecting help from loved ones.
If there is one thing we learn is to accept help from others when offered. Coping with cancer can offer a dose of humility. When chemo makes you too sick to keep food in your stomach, some one else helping you cope with life is a major help.
- They don't care for worrying about the future.
My one big hope is to have a future.
- They don't care for living in denial.
Learning to cope with a cancer diagnosis takes you through the five step journey to get to acceptance. Denial is a step to get through and not live in.
- They don't care for keeping up with the Joneses.
I'm paying medical bills so I really do not care if you bought a new car or a fancy purse. If its a new pair of shoes, that might be another story.
- They don't care for buckling under the fear of the unknown.
What is unknown is will my cancer come back. I can't fear it or succumb to it. Its like terrorism, you can't let fear of it control your life.
- They don't care for other people's "sob stories."
Again see drama above.
- They don't care for focusing on the negative.
Ibidem or see drama above.
- They don't care for not living life to the fullest.
Enjoy what you have and enjoy yourself as you do so.
Wednesday, January 28, 2015
How to be a happy cancer person
I found this list of things happy cancer people do not give a rat's a$$ about. I completely agree.