Thursday, April 3, 2008

Call me a technoweenie!

Three years ago, we moved in to our house and signed up for RCN. The idiot (unqualified, non RCN) installer who came basically did a poor job - possibly because he was on his cell phone speaking in German the entire time he was working. Anyhow, he never set up our email. He was supposed to set up email on one computer. He didn't. Also, the phone didn't work right and there was some problem with the TV, both of which took a few weeks to resolve. Needless to say I meant to set up RCN email for both of us on our computers. Well, it never happened for me. We got Walter's to work after lots of swearing and arguing with the computer. I tried a couple of times over the three years but could never get it to work. Yes, call me a technoweenie but I couldn't do it.

After my problems with other day with my email (I really don't think the Internet was broken or all my friends hate me) I decided yesterday that I really should switch over. I started with the RCN website and then was going to call for help. I didn't think I could do it because I haven't been able to figure out the POP3 crap that you need to know. I got to the RCN website and they had a little EZ Setup tool for Outlook running in Windows. It took about 10 seconds and I had email. So after three years, it took ten seconds. I feel like a moron (claiming chemo brain for the last 9 months, not sure about the 2 years and three months before that) but I really don't think they had that EZ set up tool available a few months ago. Anyhow, I have a new email address. I can spend the next six months unsubscribing from email lists and resigning up and then telling everyone I know about my new email... My new email is my first initial, married name at rcn.com if you want to figure it out on your own.

Otherwise, I did not have an exciting day. Well, maybe I did. I did meet with an employer and got started on some interesting work. I did some work from home and went for a walk. I met a friend for an entirely unhealthy meal. (I am not concerned about my cholesterol, etc at this point). We got half size appetizers of crab dip and pita chips, boneless buffalo wings, and fried calamari. There were a few lonely carrot and celery sticks with the wings but otherwise there was not much nutrition. I do believe there were lots of fat grams, cholesterol (both good and bad kinds), and calories. Oh, we had wine too to balance out all the bad stuff. It was fun and nice to get out. Today I am going for a long walk to work off the bad things and will go buy some vegetables so we can return to eating healthy.

Now last night I did try that prescription again that gave me so many problems possibly last week. See, I had a cold. Maybe it didn't make me feel crappy and I was just sick. I decided I needed to try it again before I give up on it. I did. I am not sure it worked but will give it a try for a few days before really giving up. I didn't sleep that well but I am not blaming the prescription, I am blaming the cat. He insisted on sleeping next to me on the pillow with his paws in my face, breathing is yucky 'fish breath' into my nose all night long. Ick!

No comments:

I Started a New Blog

I started this blog when I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2007. Blogging really helped me cope with my cancer and its treatment. Howe...