Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Everyone loves a parade

So two days in a row while out for a walk, I ran into a parade, at their starting point, just before they were about to start. While it does slow down the speed of my walk, it is still enjoyable. The side walks are crowded with people waiting for the parade. The marchers are usually having a good time getting organized. However, we noticed on both days there is always one person with the worst job in the parade. No its not the marching bands, its not the cheerleaders, its not the clowns, its not the vendors. Its the guy with the wheelbarrow and shovel behind the horses!!! Who wants to be him? Yuck!

So yesterday I actually watched the marathon. It was a very close race for the women. The man who won and the wheel chair winners were way out in front and it wasn't very competitive. They also showed Lance Armstrong. The Red Sox won too. I didn't spend the entire day watching TV! I did garden, go for a walk, and do some work. I also spent entirely too much time on my computer self diagnosing my pains... Why not?? I had too much free time.

Today will be different. I have work to do this morning and then I am meeting a friend for a walk and going to my support group. I also have errands to run. It will keep me busy and out of the house - which means far away from my computer.

No comments:

I Started a New Blog

I started this blog when I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2007. Blogging really helped me cope with my cancer and its treatment. Howe...