Sunday, October 7, 2012

Is it time to rename my blog?

When I first started my blog it was called 'Caroline's Cancer Blog' for a very brief period. Then I settled down with 'Caroline's Breast Cancer Blog' because it was about coping with breast cancer. Now more than five years later, my breast cancer seems to be cooperating and not stressing me out (as much) as it did before.

But now I have all sorts of other medical stressors:
  • Thyroid cancer mysteries. What the hell is going on in my neck? We keep repeating ultrasounds and get conflicting reports - bigger, smaller, same size.
  • Back pain. Degenerating disks to start with and living on pain meds. 
  • Fibromyalgia. This isn't fun. I need to go back to my back pain doctor.
And there's more that I can't think of right now because I have chemo brain (or maybe its fibro fog). I'm tired, in pain, and a touch cranky at times. Also:
  • The spell check on my computer includes oncologist, endocrinologist, rheumatologist, and multiple medications. 
  • I have a special directory on my cell phone of all my doctor's contact information and have their secretaries' names memorized.
  • I see my oncologists less than I see some of my other doctors.
  • I feel like I know the pharmacists at the local Walgreen's. 
  • The nurses in the interventional pain center where they do injections recognize me.
  • I can't fit all my prescriptions on my bedside table and keep them on the shelf in my closet.
  • My primary care doctor is happy when she doesn't see me more than every few months.
So my life isn't just about breast cancer any more and my blog isn't just about breast cancer either. I have lots of opinions on lots of things. But I'm not sure I want to rename my blog because breast cancer was one of the first big things that have happened to me in the last few years. It still exists in my life - a cancer diagnosis never really 'slips your mind'. With two cancer diagnoses, when I don't stress about my other health issues I can always stress about them.

1 comment:

Ann aka ButDoctorIHatePink said...

How about Caroline's Blog? Is that available? That would leave you open to any topic.

I Started a New Blog

I started this blog when I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2007. Blogging really helped me cope with my cancer and its treatment. Howe...