Friday, October 5, 2012

A pink-free zone

As I blogged a few weeks ago, my blog is a pink free zone. But people do not  understand this and keep posting comments with links to pinkified things. While I realize some women really like the pinkification and feel loved by all of it, I do not.

First of all, there is no need to paint everything pink for one month for awareness of something that we are aware of. It often looks really stupid.

Second of all, most of the purchases are a total rip off. A tiny portion of the money you spend ends up at your cause. Send a check instead.

Third of all, breast cancer isn't a one month event. It takes over your life forever. Get real here.

So if you are such a fan of the pink stuff, go post links on someone else's blog who likes pink.

I have opinions. Tomorrow I'll blog about my opinion on the S-word.

No comments:

I Started a New Blog

I started this blog when I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2007. Blogging really helped me cope with my cancer and its treatment. Howe...