Thursday, November 28, 2013

About them bones...

Cancer has a way of doing things to your bones. Never mind the evil metastases that can be rather nasty. But the cancer treatment can do a number on your bone. Some treatments cause bone loss. While our immune systems are compromised it is harder for the body to grow healthy bones. The result is osteoporosis which makes one more susceptible to broken bones.

After cancer, we learn to appreciate life a little more. So on this Thanksgiving Day, take a moment to say thanks for still being here after cancer and take that wish bone and wish for a healthier life without cancer.

No comments:

I Started a New Blog

I started this blog when I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2007. Blogging really helped me cope with my cancer and its treatment. Howe...