Sunday, March 29, 2015

Once again, home with a cold

I never used to get colds. Now I get them, and much worse than before, all the time. A friend pointed out that this is the second for me this year. She might have missed one as well. That's being sick too often.

But my colds are just a side effect of RA treatment. Rheumatoid is an autoimmune disease which means your immune system attacks you. It is treated by suppressing your immune system, which makes you more susceptible dumbass colds.

Last weekend I went to visit my brother and he had a cold. I was really tired when I got home but wasn't sick. Tuesday I felt fine. My husband came home with a cold Tuesday night, slept 11 hours and felt fine on Wednesday morning. I felt fine on Wednesday so I had my methotrexate injection.

Thursday morning when I went to work, I felt iffy, which turned into really crappy by 11am and horrible by noon when I went home. My husband cooked dinner Thursday night. I pretended I felt better Friday and ran a couple errands but mostly stayed home, Yesterday I assumed I was better and ran another couple of errands and did some other stuff around the house.

This morning is another story. I can't talk. My brother told me I sound like the voice of something or other that I cant remember because I feel so crappy. I asked my husband not to make fun of my voice, again. He has fun with this with most colds. He also informed me that I should need to stay in bed today.

So now I am living on triaminc syrup, herbal tea, and chocolate ice cream until I get better. I have decided that chocolate ice cream has healing qualities.

I really just want to run away and join the circus be healthy so I can do things that are more fun that watching bad tv, knitting and sitting on the couch with the cat. Not that I don't like the cat, watching TV or knitting, but there are lots of other things I wouldn't mind doing instead.

3 comments:

Mandi said...

Feel better soon! Sometimes snuggles with furry creatures and bad TV are just the best thing for you.

Becky said...

I totally hear you on the chocolate ice cream having healing qualities!

Buying ED Drugs Online said...

A debt of gratitude is in order for your glorious posting! I very delighted in understanding it.

I Started a New Blog

I started this blog when I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2007. Blogging really helped me cope with my cancer and its treatment. Howe...