Monday, October 24, 2016

Ignoring Pinktober

I have been doing a pretty good job of ignoring Pinktober this year. I know I went to a breast cancer friends meet-up recently and everyone (but me because I forgot to order one) wore their pink shirt for the event. I don't consider that a Pinktober event because it doesn't matter what time of year it is that we get together. The get together is the most important part.

I have seen pink ribbons everywhere. I went shopping at a mall this weekend where every store in it had a pink ribbon on its front to promote something about Pinktober. I can't even remember what it said because I didn't really stop to read one. I know there are a lot of other pinkification events but I have put my blinders on and ignored them.

I am okay with this. I don't need pinkification in my life. I can live with it. I think the worst of it has subsided due to the backlash in recent years. Some women like wearing pink and don't really care what month it is that they wear pink. I certainly don't need a pink ribbon on everything.

Some people really embrace these 'cancer' months. How many men grow a beard in whatever month it is that is for prostate cancer awareness? (I had to look that up because I couldn't remember what cancer it was.) Or is it an excuse not to shave for a month? I don't know but they do it because they want to.

I think if we all wear our blinders as it suits each of us, we will do fine. For example, if you put your election blinders on you will make it through to November 9 when we will know who our next president is. You might be less stressed if you do.

I will survive Pinktober as I plan Halloween at our house. I have a hidden candy stash. I have to talk to our new neighbors about our willingness to participate in trick-or-treating. And I will wear pink when I want.

1 comment:

John Keck said...

As a sign of gratitude for how my wife was saved from fibroid, i decided to reach out to those still suffering from this.
My wife suffered from fibroid for more than 20 year of marriage after our first son and it was really tough and heartbreaking for me because she was my all and the symptoms were terrible, she had irregular and painful menstrual flow and the size of it was 5cm, and she always complain of stomach pain. we tried various therapies prescribed by our neurologist but none could cure her. I searched for a cure and i saw a testimony by someone who was cured and so many other with similar body problem, and she left the contact of the doctor who had the natural cure to fibroid. I never imagined fibroid has a natural cure if not surgery not until i contacted him and he assured me my wife will be fine. I got the herbal medication he recommended and my wife used it as instructed by Dr Godstime, and in one months time we went to the hospital for scan and the doctor confirmed that there is no trace of fibroid and now she is fully okay, even up till this moment she is so full of life. fibroid has a cure and it is a herbal cure contact the doctor for more info on: Drgodstimehealinghome@gmail.com or WhatsApp +2349063469910 on how to get his medication.  

I Started a New Blog

I started this blog when I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2007. Blogging really helped me cope with my cancer and its treatment. Howe...