Sunday, March 26, 2017

Making Breast Cancer Friends

You have breast cancer, I have breast cancer, we are now friends.... For life. That's just the way it works.

It also works with people with other types of cancer or other chronic ailments. There is a bond.

Stop by the chemo waiting room and you will find it full of people who become friends because they share a common bond - cancer.

Before breast cancer, I wasn't as open about my health (and I was a lot healthier) and I wasn't as quick to jump on the cancer bandwagon and make new friends. But now, its different. If you are open about your medical crap with me and we have similar diagnoses, we will be instant BFFs.

Many others do the same. I hope even more will.

No comments:

I Started a New Blog

I started this blog when I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2007. Blogging really helped me cope with my cancer and its treatment. Howe...