Wednesday, March 1, 2017

I Am Not A Warrior

I cannot begin to tell you how much the tv commercial for the Avon 39 annoys me. "Warriors Wanted" is so awful on so many levels.
The woman in this ad who is the 'warrior' doesn't look anything like your typical breast cancer patient. She is too young and looks too healthy. Maybe she is supposed to be walking for someone else. But sorry no. Also, wearing a low cut tank top is not the best attire for a long walk. You want sun protection and a hat. I think the Photoshopped 'pink' does nothing for her as well.

Finally, the whole idea of being a warrior is so out of touch. For me it has the same implication of the s-word. There has been a lot of push back from the breast cancer community on the terms used to describe people with cancer. The s-word, and all the 'fighting' terms are not appreciated by many people with cancer. And they are all a bunch of labels to me anyway.

I think they need new copy writers to come up with new terms that are acceptable to the cancer community.

No comments:

I Started a New Blog

I started this blog when I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2007. Blogging really helped me cope with my cancer and its treatment. Howe...