Wednesday, September 12, 2007

What is wrong with this picture?

Chemo was relatively easy today. Well they were running late but I brought a book. Walter even got me a tuna sandwich too. When they put the needle in my little StarTrek transponder, it hurt like hell (just the opposite of the little pinch I was told about). They did give me a prescription for a cream that I can use to numb the skin ahead of time in the future - for the next 12 (count them, 12 rounds of chemo) so I wont feel the 'little pinch' that is supposed to get less and less each time. Also I have some swelling and bruising now as they only put it in two days ago.

Otherwise I feel relatively normal. I lay down outside on the chaise lounge instead of taking an inside nap as I usually do. Tummy feels fine, don't feel like a total space shot. Hmmmm... What is wrong? Are all the usually side effects waiting to gang up on me all at once? Very interesting. I feel like I am waiting for something you can't avoid but know you aren't going to like. (Trying to think of good analogy but falling flat.) Grrr...

Only two more scheduled Lahey visits in the next week. (Not to jinx myself but I only have these two. I realize there can be many more unscheduled visits but we wont dwell on those now.) Tomorrow for a shot and then Tuesday to get the suture in my neck removed. It is a pain in the neck but much improved since they took the big piece of tape off that was making it difficult to turn my head. We are also continuing the seven days of antibiotics to prevent return stays at hotel Lahey as it seemed to work well this round.

Oh and the evil steri strips have returned. I have been informed I can cut the itchy ends off but I should really let them fall off on their own and that can take SEVERAL WEEKS. Hmmm... Can I do this or will the urge to help the itchy things fall off overwhelm the responsibility to do the 'right' thing and let them fall off on their own? The eternal moral dilemma - doing the right thing or doing what you really want instead. The standard good vs. evil debate. Too much deep thought for this blog. Must be nearing nap time or something.

No comments:

I Started a New Blog

I started this blog when I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2007. Blogging really helped me cope with my cancer and its treatment. Howe...