Saturday, September 22, 2007

Today's excitement

I had some friends over for brunch and spent 2 hours in bed to recover. It was nice to see people but I was very tired.

Only four more days before I start my new chemo on Thursday. This will be interesting. First of all its a new drug for me, Taxol, and I will get it every week for twelve weeks. Each visit will also take between 3-4 hours. (I don't think my Thursdays will be very exciting until December.) Due to potential allergic reactions, I was told I should not drive myself to the first one as they will give me lots of Benadryl and other fun stuff. However, after that there is a good chance I will be able to drive myself each week. (Then I think I get to go back every Friday for a shot. I am not sure about this but it would be nice only to go once a week.)

Apparently, I need to prepare myself for a whole bunch of different side effects. I may have fewer, I may just have different ones but it should be different. Now if I just don't have to be nauseous all the time, that would be a vast improvement! (A friend did give me those anti motion sickness bracelets that are supposed to prevent nausea, even from chemotherapy. I would prefer not to have to experience it but at least I am prepared now.)

PS The damn steri strips are really starting to itch now. Why won't they just fall off?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Caroline - I enjoyed reading your blog. Enjoyed is probably not the word I should be using - but we are sisters in breast cancer. Take care and God be with you!

I Started a New Blog

I started this blog when I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2007. Blogging really helped me cope with my cancer and its treatment. Howe...