Wednesday, October 21, 2009

GRRR!!! Doctor Schedules! GRRR!

Its not fair. I had a follow up back doctor apopintment secheduled for my back as a three month follow up to my August 6th appointment. It was on November 20th, which in my scheduling/counting skills puts it at 3.5 months. I am usually not that picky about these things but was waiting for it. Well, they postponed it because the doctor has the nerve to have a personal life? Evidently some family issues are taking him out of the country. I don't care if its a well deserved vacation or family emergency and firmly believe that everyone needs some time off.

But if the truth be told, I don't want to wait for another 2.5 weeks until December 8th for my next appointment so I am taking the very mature attitude and whining about it. Hey, its my blog. I can whine if I want to. If you don't like it, you can just suck it up and skip to the next paragraph or something. I will have to start calling every week to see if he has a cancellation that will fit into my overscheduled life. I like to schedule my life around my doctor appointments, its much easier than shifting anything around to get the only appointment that they have for the next 8 months.

I mean I am trying to juggle a few jobs and have 2 appointments a week for the next four weeks (mostly PT) and one a week for the following two weeks. Then I get a week off and then have a week with two appointments and then its almost the holidays. Very sad. But whining is one of the things I do best. Except when I am crabby and my inner evil bitch comes out (she is not the same as my inner size 8 who has been missing for quite a while).

Yesterday I did meet with the meds doctor and she wasn't what we call 'warm and fuzzy' so I am not sure how this will work out. I can always switch doctors if I decide I don't like her. The point of the appointment was to decide if I need an antidepressant because of the continual medical lemons that keep running into my life. She looked at my giant list of prescriptions that I currently am on. She looked at the list of anti-depressants which have been found to react against Tamoxifen. Then she gave me a prescription for something that I have since found interacts with the prilosec I take for heart burn from my hiatal hernia... I will talk to the pharmacist and perhaps just skip the prilosec for now. I go back and see her in a month too.

Now today, I have to get my butt in gear because I will be late for work. I have a long day today. And am meeting an old friend after work for a drink - which will be soda water for me these days.

No comments:

I Started a New Blog

I started this blog when I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2007. Blogging really helped me cope with my cancer and its treatment. Howe...