Saturday, August 21, 2010

This is my kind of list

I can handle this list of good vices. Allow me to recap so you don't have to waste time reading a whole article before partaking in any of these.

1. Sleeping
2. Playing hooky
3. Sex
4. Daily chocolate fix
5. A night out
6. Healthy fat food
7. Daily cup of coffee
8. Massage
9. Sunshine
10. Wine with dinner

I've already slept in a little, had coffee today, and my husband massaged the painful knot out of my back. I will be out in the sun today, I'll find some healthy fat and chocolate to eat and have some wine with dinner (since it is now recommended). And since my back hurts I'm giving myself a day off where I will knit/crochet, watch TV with my feet up and hang out with the cat for the most of the day.

Usually health guidelines tell us 'no', 'no', 'no', 'no', 'no', 'no', 'no', 'well maybe a little', and 'no even though we told you yes for decades' so this is my kind of list where it tells you things you can do. A little positive reinforcement once in a while is very much appreciated.

So now that my day is off to a good start, I shall migrate to the couch shortly to begin my day of being lazy.

1 comment:

linda said...

sounds delightful!

I Started a New Blog

I started this blog when I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2007. Blogging really helped me cope with my cancer and its treatment. Howe...