I take five prescriptions daily. One for thyroid, one for post breast cancer, one for back pain, one for inflammation related to back pain, and one for my sanity. I have other prescriptions in cases of extreme pain or loss of sanity. I still get a lot of pain.
Sometimes I wonder what if I stopped taking them all - well not the thyroid one or the breast cancer one or the sanity one... But the back pain and inflammation ones. I mean what if my pill supplies ran out and they didn't make them any more, where would I be? I would prefer not to go to the doctor or to take any medications. Before all this, I was an advil every few months kind of person.
I was interested to read this article about living with pain without drugs.
The article recomends five things instead of medicaitons:
1. Exercise - but I already exercise. I make it a point to keep moving.
2. Alternative therapies - like acupuncture.. I already do that too.
3. Sleep - one of my favorite past times. Believe me I make a point of getting my beauty rest (I need it!).
4. Supplements - I already take them - fish oil, vitamin B, etc
5. Heat and ice - ice is a wonderful thing after the gym. Heat is a wonderful thing for those other pains.
Okay, I need more suggestions. I already do these. So I guess I have to stick to the drugs for now.
I started this blog when I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2007. Blogging really helped me cope with my cancer and its treatment. Howe...
So after you get diagnosed with cancer, it seems like everyone you know has cancer because: You have met a lot of other people going throu...
Often when I am extremely stressed, I find I need to hibernate a bit, and 'lick my wounds' as they say. For the past month, since my...
I haven't been blogging recently because I have been emotionally stressed. It may take me a while longer to get back to it. My father , ...