Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Am I that bad off?

These days it seems that people who know me are constantly asking me how I am doing. Hmmm.... Am I that bad off? I know I do have a fair number of ailments but I don't think I am that bad off.

  • I know yesterday I was driving to work and realized that I forgot to bring a wrist brace to work, so I stopped and bought another one. My arm was already hurting on the way in so I knew I need one to get through the day.
  • I did two craft shows this weekend and people were telling me on Sunday and Monday that I looked and sounded tired.
  •  am going to the gym after work tonight and my husband has instantly assumed that he will have to cook dinner. 
  • I don't seem to be expected to do as many things with others as I might have in the past because I might not be up to it.
It has taken me a few years of telling people that I am not always up for things because I need to rest or take it easy and now it seems to have gone too far in the other direction. I almost feel like I am being coddled.

But then I watch people doing things that I used to do and cant any more - downhill skiing and getting airborne off the moguls, cross country skiing through the woods - up and down the hills and dodging trees, winter hiking in the mountains - and think maybe I am not as capable as I used to be. Crap.

2 comments:

Emily Frankovich said...

People who go to craft shows have jobs drive their mother around cook civilized food help Walter are not crap! Think about all the things you can do and don't feel bad about the stuff you can't do although I have to admit your memories of skiing moguls struck a chord in me, Emily

-lisa said...

"am going to the gym after work tonight and my husband has instantly assumed that he will have to cook dinner. "

Sounds like a win to me!

I Started a New Blog

I started this blog when I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2007. Blogging really helped me cope with my cancer and its treatment. Howe...