Friday, December 27, 2013

How I spent my evening or a day in the life of the eternal patient

This is truly the life of a long term medical patient. I spent last evening watching TV with my husband and making lists of questions to ask my doctors in upcoming appointments. I have had the luxury of the past few months with out a lot of doctor appointments. Now I have a big clump of them coming up over the next six weeks or so.

I know I have my rheumatologist and then my endocrinologist and then my back pain doctor. These visits require planning and lists on my part. I need to think about what I want to ask them and decide if I want to do any more research before they see them. Finally I want to think back to the last time I saw them and decide if I have follow up questions from those.

This isn't as easy as you may think. I have a first draft of my questions so far. My next step is to look at my calendar and see when the actual appointments are. Those are the only three appointments I can remember and I am sure there are more.

My most important goal is to put the lists some place where I will not lose them.... Sounds pretty easy doesn't it? I believe at my last round of doctor appointments, I lost the damn list. I frequently lose the grocery list as well.

So in my future may be another evening making my medical lists. Damn.

No comments:

I Started a New Blog

I started this blog when I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2007. Blogging really helped me cope with my cancer and its treatment. Howe...