Wednesday, October 15, 2014

My poor feet

My feet hurt these days courtesy of RA. I used to wear a size 7.5 wide. That is not the case any more. I have a bunion on my right foot which means I need to wear an 8 wide. I have to put orthotics in my shoes so I even wear at 8.5 wide.... Banana feet!

RA often affects the small bones of your hands and feet first. And yes it did get me there. My feet hurt often. I do exercises, wear inserts in my shoes. But I still hobble when I first get out of bed every day. The cat can beat me downstairs when I am having a bad day.

I think we are at the time, where I will need to talk to my rheumatologist about treatment options. I am on the ultra cheap, around for decades methotrexate. I can't take a lot of the new ones like Enbrel and Humira because they are not recommended for people who have had breast cancer (cancer the gift that keeps on giving). Those are the ones with the fancy commercials showing professional golfers saying they have RA but their Humira keeps it under control. No, I could get the newer, fancier, and more expensive Xeljanz.

So do I let my feet hurt or start paying a lot more? The real problem is the pain in my feet reflects joint damage there which needs to be stopped before it gets worse.

2 comments:

ron said...

To those who are struggling with cancer may you continue to fight on may you keep pushing forward to overcome

ron said...

To those who are struggling with cancer may you continue to fight on may you keep pushing forward to overcome

I Started a New Blog

I started this blog when I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2007. Blogging really helped me cope with my cancer and its treatment. Howe...