Thursday, June 23, 2016

Perkiness and fatigue

Sometimes I wake up and am very perky. This annoys my husband to no end so that if I feel the least bit perky I make sure he knows (I love aggravating him sometimes - part of a happy marriage is being able to annoy your spouse).

Recently I have been dealing with fatigue. I have no idea why I have so much fatigue but I do. I have had three two hour plus naps in the past five days. This includes sleeping fairly well at night. If this keeps up maybe I should go to the doctor... No wait a minute, I have enough doctor appointments these days. If I make another doctor appointment it will be because I am dripping blood or in so much pain I am unable to move (but then how would I get there if I couldn't move?)

Yesterday I had some killer muscle cramps at the gym and was bent over in pain as a result. My hamstrings went into spasm and I could not move. Another woman at the gym noticed and came over to ask if I was okay. I wasn't but I stood still for a while and then tried stretching my hamstrings for a while before I left. When I got home, I went to bed before having lunch. Once I ate, I slept for nearly 2.5 hours.

The 'best' thing about fibromyalgia is that pain gets magnified. So when you get muscle cramps, the pain gets magnified.

But I digress. If I get enough sleep, I might be perky (and if I am, I make sure my husband knows). But I still might need a nap later in the day. If I don't get enough sleep, I probably won't be perky. The real problem is when I am in too much pain to eat, sleep or be perky. Then it really sucks.

No comments:

I Started a New Blog

I started this blog when I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2007. Blogging really helped me cope with my cancer and its treatment. Howe...