Saturday, August 13, 2016

Downside of Cancer Blogging

In the cancer world, particularly the cancer blogging world, you get to know a lot of really sick people. The problem is that every so often cancer takes one of the people you know.

Over the years, I have 'met' lots of people and gotten to know them fairly well. One of them I have admired since I first met her, Jill of Dancing with Cancer, Living with Mets. She was diagnosed with breast cancer in 1999 when she was in her late 30s. It then returned and metastasized. She blogged about her treatment and her travels and other adventures regularly. While she dealt with all kinds of medical problems related to her cancer, she didn't let it stop her.

Unfortunately yesterday cancer took her away from us. She didn't lose her battle. She didn't fight until the end. She lived her life as she wanted. I was such a fan of her. Go read her blog and learn about her.

No comments:

I Started a New Blog

I started this blog when I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2007. Blogging really helped me cope with my cancer and its treatment. Howe...