Friday, September 14, 2012

Aging

I often look around and see people my age and think 'they look old'. I mean if I run into someone I went to high school with and they have gray hair and wrinkles, I think they look old. I hope I don't look that old, ever.

Yesterday at work, they had a monthly sales meeting where they get a birthday cake to acknowledge the birthdays of all employees that month. It is actually a good system. My birthday and one other person's were celebrated. Then people started asking me how old I was. Most of them are all older than me and I have worked with them for a few years now so I don't really have a problem with this. But apparently they have a problem, because I am between 5 and 10 years older than they thought. So then I looked at my Real Age test results which says I am 3.7 years younger than my actual age. I combined the two and now I am 37 if you need to know.  Next year I will be 37 again.

I am 37 with the medical records of an octogenarian.

1 comment:

Borderterrier said...

Just found this blog. Inspiring for someone 3 years after diagnosis. I'm very lucky to be considered cancer free for now but loved the suggestions on what not to say to people in treatment. No one doubts that positive people are nice to be around but was I the only one who could have strangled the well meaning people telling us how important it was. Or the ones saying 'have you considered what caused it?'. Clearly never crossed my mind....Still doesn't. Obviously.. And last but not least after some months of counselling post treatment to help me deal with pure fear, the wonderful 'I think it's time to just get on with your life'. I did a Michael Macintyre moment and skipped up and down saying clearly that's where I've been going wrong! thanks for the insight. It's hard for some people to face the fear that their nearest and dearest might not recover.
Take care. Thinking of everyone touched by cancer and loved the emotion picture. How true.

I Started a New Blog

I started this blog when I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2007. Blogging really helped me cope with my cancer and its treatment. Howe...