As part of my birthday celebration (which included a planned Caribbean vacation):
- I joined a gym
- I got my first skin cancer checkup
- I joined a dating service after several years of being single (and met my husband)
So I did get the damn memo on being fit at 40 and take care of my health. Its not my fault everything else happened and put me in my current dilapidated state. But before I start the 'woe is me' mentality, I will say I am proud of myself for some of the things I have accomplished in that time.
- I learned to kayak and snow shoe
- I took up knitting and crocheting and hope to sell some items in a local store this fall
- I greatly increased my medical vocabulary
- I took a weedy neglected garden at the house we bought and now can say it will bloom from February through November (no small feat in southern New England)
- I made lots of new friends both on and off line
- I started a little blog.
- I think I just made lemonade out of life's lemons.