Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Fatigue, needing sleep, being tired

I drag my butt out of bed these days as opposed to jumping out of bed. It is harder and harder to get up in the morning. I have never been a fan of snooze alarms but my husband introduced them into my life when we got married. Apparently now I need a snooze alarm. As I slept through the first four alarms this morning.

There is a difference between fatigue, needing sleep and being tired. To me the differences are:
  • Being tired means you need to rest to recover from exertion
  • Fatigue means chronically being tired
  • Needing sleep means needing sleep
I blame it on fibromyalgia predominantly. It causes fatigue. I get sleep and then I am too fatigued to get out of bed. I get tired also - after going for a walk or to the gym. Sometimes I am too tired to finish my workout. Sometimes I am too fatigued to cook dinner.

I plan my life carefully to avoid being too tired in mid-day and needing a nap.

Hmmm... I think I have another topic of discussion for my upcoming physical.

No comments:

I Started a New Blog

I started this blog when I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2007. Blogging really helped me cope with my cancer and its treatment. Howe...