Monday, July 28, 2014

Getting even or driving your doctor crazy

We all try to be a good patient. We try to eat better foods, less red meat more chicken and fish, get 8 hours of sleep, drink less, brush our teeth, floss, yadayadayada...

Huffington Post conveniently posted a list of 9 things that drive your doctor crazy:
  1. Dr Google - we all know Dr Google is an idiot.
  2. Refusal to vaccinate - which has caused more problems later on
  3. Demanding antibiotics - they don't fix everything
  4. Claiming you are eating less and working out more but still not losing weight - obviously you aren't
  5. Asking for a quick fix - there is no magic pill (I know this because I ask regularly)
  6. I only eat low fat - low fat is good but some fat isn't bad
  7. I don't have time to come in - really? You have time to go to the gym, work, out to dinner, etc.
  8. I can keep smoking as long as I exercise - They don't get it
  9. I don't eat carbs - don't demonize a whole group of food. Whole grains are carbs but are good ones.
Now that I have this in mind, I can get ready for my rheumatologist appointment this morning. I haven't asked Dr Google much about RA recently so I am probably good. The rest probably won't come up. Except for the magic pill issue... I just ask to make sure nothing has slipped by me.

But I have 1:58 left to come up with my list of questions for her.

1 comment:

Chris said...

This one made me smile, Caroline! Great blog!

I Started a New Blog

I started this blog when I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2007. Blogging really helped me cope with my cancer and its treatment. Howe...