Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Its A Miracle

I have been running around like a crazy person for the last few days, and will continue to over do things all through the long holiday weekend with three days of four house guests, hosting the big dinner, and then two craft shows over the weekend.

Although I was completely exhausted by yesterday afternoon, I noticed a lack of noticeable amounts of pain. I was so tired I couldn't stay awake after dinner - in bed before 8 (and feeling no shame about it). I went to bed, did wake up for an hour or so, but feel rested this morning. I hope to take a significant nap this afternoon as well.

But pain? I have been doing pretty well. I had a doctor appointment yesterday where they asked me my pain levels and I thought about it and said maybe a 2 or 3. That is not bad for me. What was hurting? Back, right shoulder, left hip, and right elbow. But my back was being okay. I have been doing all the good things, such as taking my pills, not carrying things around, etc. But I have been doing a lot.

This is a miracle. Even though I have been exerting myself and doing what many people will tell me is too much (yesterday was one doctor appointment, one PT appointment, gym, Trader Joe's, Bed Bath & Beyond, and Best Buy), I have not been debilitated by significant pain recently. (Knock wood).

My fatigue continues to dominate my life but its nice to be (sort of) pain free. I'll just schedule a daily nap as needed.

No comments:

I Started a New Blog

I started this blog when I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2007. Blogging really helped me cope with my cancer and its treatment. Howe...