Thursday, December 17, 2009

A newsflash: Behaviors Linked to Cancer

Here's a newsflash - what you do can cause cancer in your body! How astounding! Behaviors Linked to Cancer If you smoke cigarettes or sit in the sun, your cells can show DNA changes which can lead to cancer. So this is the reason I was in the lucky crowd? Well, that's the kicker, they don't know. They can now prove that behaviors cause DNA changes that can turn cells into cancer. But they still don't know why some people get cancer and others don't even though they follow the same behaviors. I'm sure in another 40 years of the war on cancer, they'll have figured out more.

In the meantime, this morning I am up early to go to work and then leaving at noon so Walter and I can go spend some quality time at the hospital today and go through all the preop stuff. This means, I keep my big fat mouth shut and let him deal with everything. When I go for surgery now, I tell them, I want this anesthesia, I want mornings, I want, I want, I want. I've been through it. He hasn't. He has to ask all the questions he needs and I'll sit there quietly and right down the answers to his questions.

Actually he is surprisingly unstressed. I am stressed enough for the two of us. Grrr!

No comments:

I Started a New Blog

I started this blog when I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2007. Blogging really helped me cope with my cancer and its treatment. Howe...