Friday, August 31, 2012

Eating healthy

Us cancer people need to eat healthy. For some reason with a cancer diagnosis, many people feel the urge to ditch the processed food in their life and eat organic. They turn over a new leaf (no pun intended) on their eating habits. Everyone seems to find their own way to eat healthy, but now the people over at Environmental Working Group have released a list of Good Food on a Budget that makes it easier. Down load a  pdf here.

It is actually full of lots of practical advice and helps you take good intentions and turn them into a menu and grocery list. I think that's the most important part. We all have good intentions and then don't cross the bridge from idea to grocery list very well. But now we have help.

Well that's it for today. My brain is not inspired. Blah. My cold still rules.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

31 pages - good grief! I'll have to look at this guide before printing it to see if it is worth the paper or if maybe there is a condensed version toward the end. Even before my cancer diagnosis I ate lots of healthy produce - some of it organic and some homegrown. Since then I've cut out most of the bread and sweets in an effort to shed a few pounds. I always chuckle at the news of those wonder foods that will cure or prevent cancer - asparagus, blueberries, kale, whatever - they are all regulars in my diet and they didn't prevent my cancer.

Lois K

I Started a New Blog

I started this blog when I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2007. Blogging really helped me cope with my cancer and its treatment. Howe...