Sunday, May 11, 2014

Before you die

Don't go with regrets. The top five regrets of the dying are (according to some survey or another):
  1. I wish I had the courage to live a life true to myself instead of what was expected of me
  2. I wish I didn't work so hard
  3. I wish I had the courage to express my feelings
  4. I wish I had stayed in touch with friends
  5. I wish I had let myself be happier
You may or may not agree with them all but the point is don't go with regrets. Its not a bucket list but more ways to be happier.

I think I am doing pretty well with these. I am not sure I will have these regrets but I want to make sure I don't have any regrets. I guess the point is to be happy in your life so you don't have regrets.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I agree. I myself look back at my life even before my cancer diagnosis and have wished I had done many things differently. But I don't consider them regrets. I consider them lessons I have learned along the way. I don't regret being married to my first husband. I have 2 wonderful men in my life. One gave me one of life's greatest gifts, a granddaughter. And I have a wonderful husband, 2 amazing stepdaughters and a step grandson. So up to now I have no regrets. Will I in the future? Maybe, who knows what the future holds.

I Started a New Blog

I started this blog when I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2007. Blogging really helped me cope with my cancer and its treatment. Howe...