Saturday, May 24, 2014

Retaining the sense of control

That sense of having some control over your situation goes a long way often - particularly in the decision making part of a cancer diagnosis. It sounds like common sense but for some reason we needed a study to prove it to the scientists (and because we need more studies to keep the scientists busy).

This was published in the recent issue of Cure Magazine (which if you have cancer and do not read it, you really should - online or paper copies on the mail are free). As part of the many stressors that accompany cancer, being part of the decision making process where you can learn the different options and their potential impacts and side effects. It gives the patient back some control over their situation.

Why didn't this happen sooner???

No comments:

I Started a New Blog

I started this blog when I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2007. Blogging really helped me cope with my cancer and its treatment. Howe...