Here are a few more notes from this article:
- Fibromyalgia is primarily characterized by widespread muscle pain and tenderness.
- Fibromyalgia can occur as a primary or secondary condition.
- Fibromyalgia is often misunderstood and symptoms are often unrecognized, causing the syndrome to remain undiagnosed for months or years.
- Ninety percent of fibromyalgia patients suffer with severe fatigue or a sleep disorder.
- Fibromyalgia is associated with additional symptoms which seem distinct themselves but are actually included in fibromyalgia syndrome.
- There are psychological as well as physical aspects associated with fibromyalgia.
- Since there is so much variability in fibromyalgia, the syndrome does not manifest itself identically in all patients.
- Diagnosis of fibromyalgia focuses on tender points but there is no definitive diagnostic test for fibromyalgia such as a blood test or X-ray.
- Medication and non-medication treatments are used to manage fibromyalgia.
- Fibromyalgia affects more women than men. The prevalence of fibromyalgia is between 2 and 4 percent of the population.
You can read about the causes of fibromyalgia s well. And how it is a chronic condition and no it has absolutely nothing to do with any kind of arthritis.