Sunday, May 22, 2016

Not only high prices but short changing!

Cancer drugs can be life savers, but also budget breaking, bankrupting expenses. And the blah, blah, blah from the pharma manufactuers are that they have programs for people who can't afford them.

Herceptin is one of those life saving drugs that do not come cheap, while saving many lives of women with Her2 positive breast cancers.

Now Genentech, manufacturer of Herceptin, has been accused not once, but multiple times of short changing hospitals in the amount of drugs provided. Of course, they are denying the claim. But since it didn't happen just once, I have very suspicious.

I try not to be cynical but when something happens more than once, it becomes a duck (walks like, talks like, etc.).

No comments:

I Started a New Blog

I started this blog when I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2007. Blogging really helped me cope with my cancer and its treatment. Howe...