Tuesday, May 31, 2016

The "Doh' Factor

I read a blog post this morning on the National Pain Report that came from another blogger. She wrote about wondering why researchers waste their time on the obvious? A research report that says 'fibromyalgia causes pain' or 'breast cancer can be found in men as well as women' or some other stupid blatantly obvious answer is a complete waste of time and money. When the answer is basically 'doh'. It was a waste.

Donna sums up her post by stating that research should focus on two questions, and two questions only:
  • What causes fibromyalgia?
  • And more importantly, how do I get rid of it?
And just switch that word 'fibromyalgia' with the word of your choice - breast cancer, thyroid cancer, rheumatoid arthritis, degenerating disks are my choices. But you get the point.

My inbox is filled with the latest in medical research. And so often, I just wonder why they even bothered with the study. The results don't seem to tell me much and often only confirm what is previously known. I know if research discovers something they need to confirm it with multiple tests. But they don't need to announce it every time. 

Seriously, just give me the cause of my ailments and tell me how to make them go away. Thats enough for today. I am awfully cynical this morning. Maybe its because I have been up since 2:00 am (thank you fibromyalgia for giving me insomnia too).

No comments:

I Started a New Blog

I started this blog when I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2007. Blogging really helped me cope with my cancer and its treatment. Howe...