Monday, November 2, 2015

Good things come to those who wait

Back in 2010, I blogged about wishful thinking for a cure for lymphedema and other things, like cancer. And now, (insert drum roll here), a study is going on in the UK on 'replumbing' lymph nodes after breast cancer surgery. Barbara Jacoby over at  Let Life Happen blogged about this.

So five years after first hearing about this surgery to reattach lymph nodes now there is a trial going on. This doesn't mean I can talk to my doctor about having this surgery any time soon, but I can see the progress.

The world of a patient is filled with hope and waiting. It is nice to see that progress is happening once in a while. We hear about all these breakthroughs but then it is rare to see them start to actually be rolled out. That is when good things come to those who wait.

We just sometimes get sick of waiting so long.

And I would like to point out that there is no way that I will undergo a five hour surgery under local and use my other arm to read a book or use an ipod during it. I will be fast asleep so I don't freak out. Yuck.

No comments:

I Started a New Blog

I started this blog when I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2007. Blogging really helped me cope with my cancer and its treatment. Howe...