Tuesday, August 29, 2017

How Did I Get So Lucky?

Somehow I got the 'lucky' card in the health department. Somewhere in my genes I ended up with the crapshoot of everything. I do know I have my mother's bad back and Rheumatoid Arthritis but I also got my father's hair (which is still not completely gray at 89). But the rest of it, I have no idea.

So I always look for hints of how I could have gotten these lovely ailments. Then  find an article that asks 'Can Trauma Cause Fibromyalgia?' But I am not so sure I understand how it would help me. They list:

"The traumatic experiences that are usually correlated with fibromyalgia are the following:
  • Certain types of viruses like Hepatitis C and HIV
  • Childhood separation from parents that lasts more than six months.
  • Emotional Trauma
  • Living through a war"
I have not had Hep C or HIV. I was not separated from my parents for more than six months as a child. I have not personally lived through a war. However maybe emotional trauma could be from the PTSD of cancer twice could be a cause?

Maybe I am clutching at straws here, as I often do, but wouldn't it be nice to know how I got so lucky. Its a lot of frustration. And aggravation.

No comments:

I Started a New Blog

I started this blog when I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2007. Blogging really helped me cope with my cancer and its treatment. Howe...