Friday, January 25, 2008

A day at Lahey clinic

I am so excited. I can't wait. I get to go to both the main building and the little radiation building, where the crisper is. I am going to see a gastrointestinal doctor to make sure everything internal is still functioning normally. This is sort of a follow up as a result of some of the side effects from chemo. But I know really what it is: another doctor to send me off for a million tests that I get to wait around for the results of and have additional stress in my life. There is no way a gastrointestinal doctor can poke your stomach and say 'okay, you are fine, its all in your head, eat more fiber' and send you on your way. I know there will be all sorts of fun tests ensuing. I am so excited I can't wait. (NOT!)

I am also going to see about seeing a psychologist to get my head shrunken (my brain certainly has diminished capacity and if my head is smaller, perhaps it won't keep rattling around so much). The stress of this has had its ups and downs and perhaps I need to talk to someone more. Those who know me know I can definitely talk plenty and the idea of seeing someone who is paid to LISTEN to me definitely has its merits.

Anyway, the way things are scheduled I will spend several quality hours at Lahey. I will probably even get to have a fine dining experience at the cafeteria. Actually the cafeteria isn't bad but of course not as good as my own cooking. I also have a book to read. In fact it is due back at the library today and is non-renewable (but whats a little overdue fine in the middle of medical issues?) But it is supposed to be a cold day outside and I wouldn't mind skipping the gym since I did go every other day this week. Now I have a good excuse. I will also get my exercise walking around Lahey because it must be 1/2 mile from the main parking garage over to the other building where crisping takes place. I could drive around but that would mean I would have to deal with both the evil little parking lot AND the giant parking garage home of the OMWAHs all in one day and frankly I am not sure I am up for that. I will ponder this and see how time goes.

That is my excitement. It has probably been a whole three weeks since I spent more than 2 hours at Lahey in one day. I was beginning to miss the place!

No comments:

I Started a New Blog

I started this blog when I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2007. Blogging really helped me cope with my cancer and its treatment. Howe...