Saturday, January 12, 2008

Not that I should be vacuuming

But how many times do you have to vacuum your house to get rid of all the damn needles from your Christmas tree? The tree went out Wednesday night in a big Pigpen cloud of needles and I have vacuumed three times already and now am finding needles all over the house. It should be said I was given the year off of house work by the doctors at my first surgery but I am having problems following those orders. I will just keep vacuuming and getting aggravated. At least I am not trying to keep up with the cat hair - that would be impossible.

Yesterday was treatment number 2 of 30 something. Maybe I'll just keep track by saying 6 weeks to go. The target end dates are somewhere between February 25-27. Which just sounds so very far away. I could say I'll be done by March but that sounds even farther but may be more realistic. If the weather or other issues interfere with daily treatments, it could be stretched out. Sometimes patients having severe skin issues are given a few days break so their skin can recover more. The eternally lasting treatments. An analogy from a friend is its like being stuck on the Bourne Bridge (to Cape Cod) on a Friday in July where you can see the ocean but just can't quite get there. (Still feeling stuck in my trip cross country as well.) By the way, I just feel as if I have a very minor sun burn so far but the tech's told me that its all in my head and I won't feel it or see any skin reaction until about 3 weeks. (Now I just want to have some kind of reaction to prove them wrong.)

Yesterday, I clearly lost the parking lot battle. The stupid machine couldn't read my ticket - UNABLE TO READ TICKET - and the Press for Assistance button garnered no response. I created quite a traffic jam and the lady in the car behind me came up and tried to help me by showing me the correct way to insert my ticket, magnetic strip up and to the right, and asking if it was paid. Finally I convinced her that the most assistance she could give would be to back up (which she didn't quite understand) so I could back up and go inside and ask them to call parking lot security for assistance. Quite stressful if I do say so and MOST aggravating. I can't wait to go back on Monday! Why me? Why does this keep happening to me???

Now Monday we are due for a snow storm. This is the winter I can't shovel snow. I keep trying to convince Walter this is true but somehow he doubts me. (Probably because of the vacuuming thing.) It could mean I get snow bound in our own house if I can't shovel to get out. Now that would be stuck inside with the cat, computer, refrigerator, and TV for 8 hours. Is that really a bad thing.

Today's yucky thing. I woke up and found a toenail had fallen off. Icky, icky, icky. I did some research. It takes 12 - 18 months for your toenail to grow back!!!! Its about 1/3 of the way there so maybe 8-12 months! Yuck! I have to figure out a way to get a pedicure and skip that toe in the meantime. In the meantime it just looks very icky. I will keep shoes and socks on for now so as not to gross anyone out. Once again, I express my concern about the sensibilities of my friends and family. Now I have to go get motivated for a walk. I have convinced Walter it is very important that he go with me for once. I am just waiting for the temperature to rise a little bit. He thinks I am procrastinating again.

No comments:

I Started a New Blog

I started this blog when I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2007. Blogging really helped me cope with my cancer and its treatment. Howe...