Sunday, January 20, 2008

Efforts to improve my vocabulary

I decided my blog has become very redundant. I need to try to write it without using the following words: ice cream, bacon, cat, boring, and exciting. If I can do that perhaps I can even move on to more topics.

I will just say that there is no longer any residue from the ice cream fairy in our freezer. We are down to the sheep's milk ice cream. Perhaps it is time for chocolate sauce. Bacon of the month isn't due for another week and a half but we already are awaiting it. Yesterday we suffered greatly with Belgian waffles but no bacon.

The cat is very much a psycho kitty today where he is running around in a crazed manner. We think this is due to the fact that he had a good night's sleep in the middle of the bed again. (He also persists in his finely honed skill of walking around rooms on the furniture and not on the floor.)

In an effort to be less boring and more exciting, yesterday we actually attempted to get some culture. We went to a local museum and saw a demonstration of Viking military battles and a discussion of the life of Vikings. (Talk about people with bad press. They raided all the monasteries in Europe and the only people who were literate enough to write about them were the monks in the monasteries. Hence you can imagine they only wrote the bad stuff.) Now we are more cultured, less boring, and more exciting.

Moving on I am also attempting to ensure we eat balanced meals and use up the food in the refrigerator each week before it goes bad. I have started planning menus to an extent. Last night I made chicken sate with pea pods. Friday night we had curried squash and chicken. Today I am making pork noodle soup during the football game. That will also be my lunch for the week.

Today's fun event is to meet some friends for brunch at a local diner. It started with one friend who said, do you want to go to the diner Sunday. Now there will be four of us. I need to go to the gym first to make room for my omelette. They have at least 30 omelettes on the menu there. Originally I wanted to try every one and work my way down the list. However, me being the creature of habit, I am stuck on the same three or four that I alternate between... Consistency, that's me.

I did want to get out side for a walk this morning but it is clearly too cold so I do need to go to the gym instead. I am wimpy but it is only 21 degrees. Unfortunately, it is the warmest it will be for the next few days as well.

No crisping yesterday and today but it does return tomorrow. I am going to drag Walter with me so we can run some errands after it. He hasn't been to Lahey for over a month it is time for another visit. He can also enjoy the experience of the parking lot with me!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Only 21 degrees...poor thing. I think it will get up to -6 here tomorrow. We in Minnesota are so much tougher than you Bostonians...

I Started a New Blog

I started this blog when I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2007. Blogging really helped me cope with my cancer and its treatment. Howe...