Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Further Proof We Are What We Eat


We all know we are what we eat. We need to to eat more fresh fruit and vegetables, blah, blah, blah, an apple a day keeps the doctor away. But now it is shown that how you store food is important as well. (Yet another) study reports that a fresh food diet flushes out BPA and other plastic phthalates from your body. These plastics are found in plastic containers and in plastic lining in canned food.

So the message is to eat your fruits and veggies and skip anything that comes in a can or plastic container. And don't store or heat your food in plastic - put it in glass, ceramic, or metal.

In the past few years we have eliminated canned soup from our diets. We do buy canned tomatoes for the winter season. We do buy canned beans but I will switch to dried ones now.

I do find it intriguing that you can flush out the bad stuff by eating the good stuff fairly quickly. The power of the human body to rid its self the bad things. But I'll go eat some fresh pineapple for breakfast so I can feel I started the day off right.

1 comment:

WhiteStone said...

Several years ago I began looking for stackable pyrex bowls (bowls/lids) at yard sales. They are perfect for heating in the microwave or storing in the fridge (they stack, ya know!). I seldom use plastic anymore. Love my Pyrex.

I Started a New Blog

I started this blog when I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2007. Blogging really helped me cope with my cancer and its treatment. Howe...