Saturday, March 26, 2011

Why does this have to be so confusing?

I hate this. Here is an article saying if you were on tamoxifen and went off it before five years, you run a higher risk of breast cancer recurrence than if you stayed on it for the full five years. I was on Tamoxifen for just over two years and switched to Femara. My doctor told me that in her opinion, because I am menopausal (thank you chemotherapy), I should be switched to Femara instead of staying on Tamoxifen.

Cancer is confusing enough with out being complicated by news articles saying essentially 'we changed our minds'. Stop it please. Enough already. Thank you.

No comments:

I Started a New Blog

I started this blog when I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2007. Blogging really helped me cope with my cancer and its treatment. Howe...