I hate to bring these up again - but I am sure everyone remembers them and how Obamacare was going to create death panels to kill us all off. They kind of reminded me of something out of communist Russia or Hitler's Germany on getting rid of the undesirables.
Butwhat if they were good death panels and included:
- An oncologist to help weigh pros and cons of chemotherapy and other treatment
- Palliative care consultants to help understand the options regarding life support and make recommendations about pain control.
- A psychologist to advise on how to share the news with family members.
- A spiritual adviser, chaplain, minister or priest to offer comfort and prayer if wanted.
- A case manager to help organize transfer to the desired hospice.
I think I would want that kind of death panel. But mine would also include a caterer to plan my memorial service which would need to be catered by both a really good Jewish deli, a good Chinese restaurant for the appetizers, a sushi bar, and a high end seafood restaurant - I want a bash - and I want to be able to sample all the foods first.
I might also want a lawyer to flit on through and help me finalize my will and take care of all the legal crap.
What are the requirements for your death? Pain free? In your sleep? Not a lot of suffering? I think this kind of death panel would be very helpful.
I am not in any rush to go and right now am focused on living life to the fullest - and have a lot of fun along the way.
I started this blog when I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2007. Blogging really helped me cope with my cancer and its treatment. Howe...
So after you get diagnosed with cancer, it seems like everyone you know has cancer because: You have met a lot of other people going throu...
Often when I am extremely stressed, I find I need to hibernate a bit, and 'lick my wounds' as they say. For the past month, since my...
I haven't been blogging recently because I have been emotionally stressed. It may take me a while longer to get back to it. My father , ...