There are things in this world that confuse me. Maybe my mind can't quite comprehend everything and other people understand everything, but I walk around confused at times.
- Why do celebrities and sports figures get to 'over come' cancer and return to their normal lives and the rest of the world get labeled as survivors and victims?
- This brings me to my next level of confusion - why do people with cancer have to be survivors and people who don't make it become victims? Um, we are people and patients and those of us who don't make it are not victims.
- Why is there still so much unknown about medicine and cancer? I mean these have been known for generations but there is so much that are mysteries. Have we been researching in the wrong direction? Or have researchers been given the wrong instructions? It is my understanding that researchers follow very strict guidelines - they are told 'find out this'. Are we not telling them to find a cure for cancer and the common cold?
- Medical breakthroughs always seem to have some sort of caveat when published in the media. I mean obviously a cure for the common cold is not going to cure a broken finger. But they always say 'further tests are needed' or 'this is still in the development stages but looks like a promising lead'? We need more breakthroughs that say 'this will save 1,000,000's each year.
- Why does the cure sometimes have to be worse than the disease? Ask anyone who has been through chemo about this one.
That's enough confusion for one morning. I think I need coffee.
I started this blog when I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2007. Blogging really helped me cope with my cancer and its treatment. Howe...
So after you get diagnosed with cancer, it seems like everyone you know has cancer because: You have met a lot of other people going throu...
Often when I am extremely stressed, I find I need to hibernate a bit, and 'lick my wounds' as they say. For the past month, since my...
I haven't been blogging recently because I have been emotionally stressed. It may take me a while longer to get back to it. My father , ...